Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How to Improve Your Short Game in Golf - Playing a Par 3 Course

Learning how to improve your short game in golf is by far the most important thing you can do to shoot a low round and improve your golf game. Amateur Golfers will play between 20 and 30 shots inside of 150 yards every round.

I watch so many people on the golf course struggle with their short game. Oh they will hit the green, but most of the time they are looking at long putts for birdie or par.

There are a couple of par 3 golf courses where I live and I love to play them on a pretty regular basis. My golf buddies laugh at me and think I am crazy. They tell me that I am wasting my time.

I know that understanding how to swing a wedge golf club will improve my golf swing technique faster than hitting a thousand shots on the driving range.

I have challenged them to come play, even betting them that if they can break par that I would pay for their round. No one has ever taken me up on it. I attribute it to the way I win so often when we are out playing.
When I play this course I take 2 clubs and a putter. The longest hole on the golf course is about 125 yards and the shortest is about 60 yards.

The reason I like to spend time playing this course is to help me improve my golf swing technique. I have found that the more I play this course the better my short game has become and the better my golf game is when playing on a full length golf course.

Knowing how to improvise golf shots when inside of 150 yards gives you an advantage that most amateur golfers never take into consideration.

There are golf schools that focus strictly on the short game. When you watch the professional golfers play on tour, one thing that you will notice is their ability to scramble.

Players like Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods and others are known for their short game. This is one of the big reasons they are so good.

When you realize that between 20 and 30 shots a round are played from inside 150 yards, you begin to understand why it is so important to have a strong short game.

Golfers, take time to learn how to improve your short game in golf. You will lower your scores and improve your golf game.

I have found that while being out on the course I have been able to observe others and offer suggests that quickly improve their performance. Helping others with the little things in life are always a joy. It makes my day when I can help someone else with their journey in life and on the golf course.

Discover simple golf swing advice to help you shave 7 to 10 strokes off your game - click here.

No comments: